Connecting to Stripe
Connect button to connect your Framework community to Stripe. Connecting to Stripe will allow for an automatic sync between the products you offer on Framework and the products tracked in Stripe.
If you don’t have a Stripe account, you’ll have to first sign up for Stripe and then return to Framework to follow the above steps.
Payments > Setup
Setting Up Prices
After you've set up Stripe, all your prices will be managed in Products! Learn how to set up Products here.
Using an Off-Platform Payment System
When integrating with a third party cart, you'll have to use some workarounds to create a member experience that corresponds with the setup you have in your external site.
There are a couple of options for preventing people from finding and joining courses they don’t have access to, unless you explicitly want them to:
- You can hide the courses page (within Admin >> Navigation).
- You can unpublish the course (with Admin >> Courses).
With each of these options, people will only be able to find/join the course if they receive a direct invite link. However, if you do want to allow people to discover all courses in-app, but be asked to pay for a course if they don’t have access (in other words, an in-app upsell). This is straightforward when using Framework payment processing, but because some users will be paying through another cart and some internally, it is slightly more involved. The best way to support this is to:
- Create two products: a free product and a paid product. 1) The free product will be used to onboard a user from the external cart and 2) The paid product will support in-app upsells.
- Go to the Admin >> Courses
- Under the Course payment settings, add both products.
- The paid product should be set as the “primary product” so that anyone discovering the product organically is prompted to pay.